Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Fast Forward


 FAST FORWARD

      I enjoy painting bouquets of flowers; either very close up or on a table with other objects. This one is a focus mainly on the actual blooms. When I started this I was looking at a vase of flowers but I took some artistic liberties arranging the flowers in my head. If you notice, I used repetition , an important principle of design by repeating colors and shapes in the bouquet to make the viewer’s eye move around the plane of the painting. Another way I used design is in the background. I used pattern to make the plain blue more interesting. I actually did it with 2 blue shades that had a stronger contrast to each other. It was pretty but it called attention away from the flowers so I toned down one of the blues so they are almost the same value. A little artists “ trick”.

No comments:

Post a Comment