Saturday, April 6, 2019

Manor Blooms

I don’t know how many times I have painted hydrangeas, but I never tire of painting them.  At first glance they appear to be simple enough. The challenge is to give each bloom a spherical form. This is done mostly with value.The light usually hits on top or to each side so the bottom part is usually darker. I remember in college painting a live model. Our professor was trying to teach us to draw a head with volume. More than 40 years later I remember the elation I felt  the exact moment I got it! Money can’t buy that feeling. I still feel that way when I paint something I am proud of. The secret of life is always having something else to learn or discover.

1 comment:

  1. ArmorThane develops, manufactures and distributes top-quality protective coatings and designs and engineers commercial application equipment. A multinational network of dealers spray coatings on everything from bed liners to secondary spill containment.For more information in regards to visit our website.Thank you! spray on bedliner

    ReplyDelete