Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Well Done

I love bright colors but this painting is more about complementary colors. What pleases me most about the painting is the relationship between the greens and the reds and the pinks. This  is the reason nature is so beautiful; complementary colors occur naturally outdoors. No one has to arrange the colors- - they are already there. When arranging an indoor still life some care has to be taken though. If everything in the arrangement was a bright loud color, one’s eye would have nowhere to rest. That is why I use plenty of neutral colors like gray and also complementary colors to create perfect color balance.

1 comment:

  1. Please do not clutter my feed with these unsolicited advertising comments. It does not endear me to your business at all.

    ReplyDelete