Friday, April 20, 2018

Wow Me

i have painted many  bouquets over the past years. Each time I start one I have every intention to paint exactly what I see but it never turns out that way.It is not because I don’t like what I see; it is just that the plan changes. Somehow I add a little more purple, move the yellow over to the right a little, etc. All the while I am consciously balancing the values, symmetry and contrast in the painting.
 I am also reading your mind right now. You are thinking that you might not want to eat blueberry muffins made by me since I might change the recipe too much! I only change the rules in painting- you are safe to eat my muffins!

3 comments:

  1. You have been wowed!!! Good work, changes are for
    the artist's to determine as work goes on. Do it, you'll feel better. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the looseness of this piece Libby...and the complimentary colours :)

    ReplyDelete