Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Blue Bowl

This is another painting  from the Karen O'Neil workshop in Woodstock ,N.Y last August.She had several still life arrangements set up around the studio and I was drawn to this beautiful glass bowl. It was a little intimidating but I knew I could always wipe it and start over if I needed to. That is the beauty of oil painting vs. watercolor. When I exclusively did watercolors it was hard to remedy a mistake. An important part of painting is observation. I took a long time to look at the bowl. It is amazing how many different colors and shapes are involved in this one  object. Carol  Marine gave some advice in another workshop to not fall in love with your artwork. This one hadn't sold yet on dailypaintworks but I don't mind keeping it around the studio. Something about that blue glass speaks to me .

No comments:

Post a Comment