Sunday, March 19, 2017

Catch the Light

I have lately been interested in abstract paintings. I study them and decide what are the things that draw my attention to a particular painting. It is often about color and shapes that are exciting to me.I have seen some in places like the Guggenheim and MOMA in New York that seem like a gimmick that is worth a lot of money but does nothing to pique my interest.
I have been incorporating abstract elements into my paintings lately. This painting is a good example of that. The flowers may seem traditional but I have tried to make each stroke deliberate, especially the background. The subject is still recognizable but with fewer strokes.
I don't want to become too predictable by always painting the same way.Although medicare is looming in about 6 months, I like to stay young!

No comments:

Post a Comment