Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Green Apple

This apple and bowl were part of a still life set up in the Karen O'Neil workshop I went to in Woodstock, New York. I took a lot of photos and painted this one when I got home. The studio had perfect North light. I have never really understood what was so good about light coming from the north.I now  know that the good thing about it is that it doesn' t change much during the day and the light is more diffused. My "studio"'has more northeast light most of the time but I have learned to adapt.
My husband may laugh when reading this because I have referenced a compass direction.I am not known for my sense of direction. I delivered meals today on our Meals on Wheels route by myself because my husband is out of town.. I did just fine but of course had the help of  the GPS in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment